Monday, June 9, 2014

June 6, 2014

Oh my gosh.  Today was incredible.  I got to spend the entire day in the amazing Italian city of Venice!!!  It was pretty incredible.  Even though the morning started early with a 5am wake up call, a three hour bus ride, and then having to deal with thousands and thousands of tourists from all around the world in a tiny city that is built on water it was pretty awesome.  Of the 422 bridges that hold the city together, I think our group walked over half of them.  We ate authentic Italian pasta and pizza and we enjoyed a traditional Italian accordion song along with it.  We rode in a gonadal along the canals of Venice and saw some incredible cathedrals and history.  And even though it was an incredible day of wandering the streets of Venice, I can now say I went and I don't have to go again.  Maybe thirty years or so down the road, but not anytime soon.  The amount of people was overwhelming and there were so many tourist traps that just added a bit of unpleasantness to the whole trip.  All in all, I can say that I did it, and I never have to go again.

But it was pretty amazing.  Instead of a post really, here are all the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment