Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 7, 2014

Sorry about being so lame and not posting anything in a while.  I end up being so busy and then when I can post, I'm too tired.

But anyway.  So about Saturday...

We went to a little place called Lake Bled.  There's nothing extremely important about that place, except it's one of the greatest places I've been to on this trip.  The hour long bus trip just couldn't prepare me for what exactly I could expect there.  And man.  It was absolutely beautiful.

The water was as clear as it could be, yet it was the most gorgeous shade of blue ever.  It was so much fun.  We hung out on a boardwalk for a while, and then we went swimming.

Just a quick note.  In the center of the lake is a small island with a church on it.  The only way one normally gets to this island is to take a rowboat.  Except for us.  We swam.  A quarter of a mile.  Out to the island.  It was GREAT!!!!  What was really fun though was about halfway through the swim I realized things didn't look quite right.  One of my friends then exclaimed that one of my contacts were sitting on the side of my face.  So there I was, treading water, in the middle of Lake Bled, putting my contact back into my eye.  I finally got it back into my eye and we made it to the island and back.  Probably one of the most unique experiences I'll ever have in my life definitely.



Afterwards we sunned ourselves on the grass and then hiked up to the castle, yes another castle, to get a better look over the lake.  It was incredible, and high.   I was scared half to death.  But in order to get a great picture, I scaled a smaller bolder and stood on the edge of a cliff.  It was so worth it!!!

After such an amazing day, we were waiting for the bus to take us home, when we met a few other people who needed to go back to Ljubljana.  We ended riding in three different sketch taxis for a less than what the bus would cost us.  We got back alright, but it was just a fun experience.







No comments:

Post a Comment