Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21, 2014

Today was again, another fantastic day.  I don't think that I'm going to have a bad day here....Well...Maybe it might be an odd day when it starts raining next week.  But until then, it was another fantastic day here in Ljubljana.

It started out with a wonderful study time at this really cute tea house in the Center.  With an Indian tea in one hand and my Bible in the other, it was a wonderful way to start the morning.  Afterwards, we went back to the Office and had training.

When we shared today, we ended up at the Humanities Branch of the University.  There we encountered a few people and their view points, although they were extremely interesting, just broke my heart.  There was such a cynicism towards the church and God in general.  (Note that whenever I mention the church, I am referring to the Roman Catholicism that is a traditional part of this countries culture.)  It was radically different and like nothing I have ever heard of as I've shared in the states.  It was just a new and completely different viewpoint that I had never processed before.  Ideas, traditions, rituals, and hypocrisy throughout the church causes a few really fantastic girls to look at God as a God of evil and not personable if he even exists at all.
We ended up finding a couple of OSU students while
we were doing our scavenger hunt we did today.

As I was thinking about how much of these ideas are shared in students throughout the country, I feel really saddened, but also slightly encouraged.  I was reminded of how great my God was and that in a world that thinks it has no hope, I know I can have hope in God and there is hope in people coming to know the wonder that is God.


No comments:

Post a Comment