Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Travel Days!!

For someone who has never been on a plane before...an 8 1/2 hour trip on a plane is just terrifying.  I didn't know what to expect, and people kept freaking me out with their what to expect stories.  It was kind of funny that the people who were trying to help me just kept making things kinda weird.  It amused me.
However once on the plane things went fantastically.  I ended up by a window so I seriously got to experience all the awesome views the plane had to offer.  The sky was always so blue and the sunrise was just absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely loved seeing clouds from above and flying over the Atlantic was so massive!!!

Speaking of massive, the plane we took from Chicago to Munich was HUGE!!!! There were so many people with no space anywhere.  It was nuts.

After we landed in Munich, our trip was far from over.  We still had another 6 1/2 hours by bus to our destination.  The fantastic thing was that we got to spend 4 of those hours driving through the Alps.  THE ALPS!!!!!  It was AMAZING!!! They were so huge and much more majestic than any mountain I've ever seen in America.  But seriously.  And we drove through the mountains, literally!  We literally went through 10 or so tunnels that went from one side of a mountain to another.  My mom definitely couldn't handle that drive if she had been with us.  We would drive out of a tunnel and there would be a new sight for us to see, including Castles!

All of everything traveling just kept reminding me of how incredible God is.  The enormous mountains, the oceans, the culture and beauty of Europe.  All of this just reminds me that there is so much God has for us in this world and that we need to be reaching all the people in all the reaches of every corner of the world.  And that God put so much beauty here for us to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment