Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25-26, 2014

After having such an active day on Saturday, Sunday ended up being so relaxing.  I got to wake up late, and I just stayed in my room all day just recharging.  It was really nice because in a little bit of that time, I got to be completely alone.  It was so nice to just be by myself to study God's word and to just be able to relax a little bit.  Very nice.
Later that evening, we went to church.  It's a tiny church with only a handful of members, but still a nice church.  Through praise, worship and prayer we heard about God and his glorious ways.  It was quite nice.  But also, we got to grasp a reality of this country.  As we celebrated the union of 6 new churches across the country, we also saw the statistics behind it.  In a country of a little over 1 million people, there are only about 40 evangelistic Bible believing churches that run about 25 people each service.  That's only about 1,000 people.  And that's why we're here.  To be able to share truth to a dark country.

But anyways, after a lovely church service, we ate Chinese and then proceeded to the Center for, yes, more gelato.  Although as we arrived, we received a pleasant surprise.  There by one of the bridges, was a fantastic cello and guitar duo.  After grabbing a quick gelato, we sat a listened for quite a while.  It was absolutely beautiful.  After enjoying ourselves immensely, we headed back to the hostel for a relaxing evening  and spontaneous tea party.  Quite a nice finish to a day if I do say so myself.


Monday, on the other hand, was quite different.  It was the first day it was overcast and rainy, and it didn't help at all that I woke up so tired.  But, we are here for a purpose, so I tried to make due and keep focus.  After some morning training and encouragement, we split into groups and headed out to talk to students.  My friend and I ended up somewhere I had been wanting to explore since we got here, the Mathematics building.  As exciting as that was for me,  we only got to talk to a couple of people the entire afternoon.  It was kind of discouraging, but it just made me trust God more about the true meaning of successful evangelism, taking the steps of faith to initiate and leave the results up to God.  While I know I didn't see any fruit today, because I stepped out in faith, I know God had a purpose for that conversation and I know he will use it in his way and time.

Afterwards, I got to relax a bit and do a little bit of word analysis on the book of Ephesians (which if you don't know is the book we are studying all during project.)  Then was an incredible dinner of čevapčiči, which is a type of Balkan comfort food, bread, and salad.  And then we went to our weekly meeting with the other Slovene students on project here with us.  It is so cool to be able to hear some of their testimonies as they share their spiritual journeys with us.  And it's so awesome to be able to see God moving in the hearts of these Slovene students.  After the meeting we went to the center and got, yes, more gelato and then headed back to the hostel for a relaxing evening and an early bed time.  All in all, even though the day started off kind of rough, it ended up being a pretty nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment